Monday, November 9, 2009

Life lesson # 137 & 137A

I learned a very important lesson this weekend. Gambling isn't for me. I thought gambling on a few NFL games would be fun. How wrong I was. I was stressed, it was to close, my heart and wallet couldn't handle the pressure. So I have decided that after tonight's game I will stick my tail between my legs and leave the betting to others.

I really only wanted to spend 50 bucks on to games...reasonable yes, affordable sure. So when I get the confirmation text letting me know my bets were locked in at 50 a game, I really thought a brick was about to fall out of my ass. But hey I have been learning on how to place these bets, I'm gold. I know it's going to be a sure thing. I should have bet on my ass screwing it up, that would have been a sure thing. So in a matter for three hours I'm down 55 bucks.

I also learned a little side note. When you're married/together with someone money changes things. I learned that if you're up it's "our money" but now that I'm down it's "my" money. So life's lesson #137A is very important to get settled BEFORE any bets are placed. It's very important to know who's money it's going to be when the game is up...and at many point in time you where "we really don't have the money for that", just know if you're life out of the dog house depends on your team winning.

So make sure you know what the hell you're doing, or you have magical powers to change the outcome. The dog house isn't pretty, it's cold, and fart smells don't ever really go away. I hope everyone can learn from my life lessons...

1 comment:

  1. I told you to heed my warning on John betting for those couple of years! A football bet is NEVER a sure thing! In fact its like taking a pair of dice and rolling them hoping it lands on one number. Sorry the Texans lost, it was a really close game!

    ReplyDelete