Monday, November 30, 2009

Attack of the food baby

I should have written this a few days ago, but I was in a coma. Not really sure how many of you have experience but it usually happens twice a year. Ok for normal people it happens twice a year. It's when you eat so damn much that you put yourself in a food in induced coma. Then when you're able to become Mobile again, you realize you are with food baby. Thursday mine was very gassie! The baby would move, or want MORE sweets, or the other half of the ham, all the same. So after I fed my baby, more greens, a little more ham, alot more frozen fruit salad, and just a tiny bit more 7 layer dip, he was finally tired of eating. Thank God I remembered elastic pants thursday...holy cow.

There was so much food it was like we were feeding the homeless in Houston. The food wrapped around the counter, like normal, but continued all the way to the stove. It was insane...damn I'm getting hungry again. There were like seven different pies, so much dressing, which wouldn't be to bad right now. A Cajun Turkey, was pretty good, and a sweet ass ham...mmmmm.

I think what impressed me the most was that my family kept it together for the entire day of thanksgiving...after midnight that was something completely different! I remember sitting in the chair in the living room getting so excited that the Macy's day parade was about to start. I'm 30 and can remember every year getting so excited about the moment the parade started. The house I grew up might not be my house anymore but it will always be home. Have one of my favorite aunts in the kitchen getting stuff ready, making way to much damn noise. Knowing that other favorite aunt was coming, my uncle, hearing my mom snore because was still a sleep. Seeing granny hide her beer in a cup with a stray...classy. While all that was going on I got the warm and fuzzies. No matter where we are in life or who has left us, not matter if you're in the house you grew up in or a strangers house, as long as your family is around, any place is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment