Sunday, September 13, 2009

The measure of a person

So after my first week of crutching around has passed and having to ask brian and everyone else do EVERYTHING for me, I started realizeing a few things. First let me ask you this, how does one measure one's self? Do you stand in the middle of your living room and see all the high dollar flashy stuff you own, is that the measure of a man? Do you live in a really expensive house, or drive a real fancy ride? I'm sure most of you realize where I'm going with this. I have started to realize that the measure of me is my friends. I would say family because that does count, but then again for the most part, family has to value and love you. I really think the measure of a man is the friends he has surrounded himself with. Over the past week, I have seen more caring and generous acts of kindness from my friends. Brian, even though he is family, has waited on me hand and foot. If I get done with my dinner first and he hasn't he will stop eating to get me seconds or something else to drink. He has been absolutely wonderful to me. I'm not saying that since he is my partner that he should, but he has really gone above and beyond to really take care of me and make sure that I'm 100% ok. I know I have found the person that I will gladly spend the rest of my life will and love every minute of it. Besides that, my wonderful friends have also gone far beyond the call do duty to make sure I'm ok and that I'm takin' care of. It really has amazed me, not saying that I'm not worth it, but seriously when I can't do one thing for myself, it's great to know that my friends have stepped it up. That's how I have measure my life, by the people that I call friends. Everything I own, I can replace, I can buy it again. I can't replace any one of my friends. I am the person I am because of the friends I keep. I have felt like the richest person over the past couple of days because of my friends. I know when my time is up, that I was loved and that I had the greatest friends God could give me.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment