Friday, April 16, 2010

A good Friday laugh

I am Dallas bound for two weeks. My company is sending me to train with someone because we're closing the dallas office down and I need to learn this dude's job. Sure not a problem. Yeah I don't mind driving my own truck, you're paying for my gas and mileage. Plus I will need to be in Lufkin Friday afternoon for the Special Olympics anyways so no biggie. 15 dollars for breakfast, where the hell do you go that's 15 bucks for breakfast...seriously. Ok I guess I can do five bucks if I don't just get free coffee at the office. 10 dollars you say for lunch, well I guess that's fair, besides I shouldn't be hungry because I had a 15 dollar breakfast. Yeah 10 should be good. WTF!!! Ok I can do 35 dollars for dinner, after off that 15 dollar breakfast I had is no longer in my belly and I was only able to get crackers with my 10 dollar lunch. So yeah I'm pretty damn hungry right now. Oh yeah I got this and then I get to expense this all out...hell yeah. Wait hold up what did you just say? What about my hotel room? Oh I need to put the hotel on my credit card and expense that as well. Wait wait wait, you think you're going to tell me I have to go to dallas and train for two week and now you're telling me I need to pay up front for all my stuff. You have got to be out of your damn mind. If I knew that I was going to be paying for all this up front, my ass wouldn't be staying at the Marriott for 119 dollars a day. Are you effing kidding me? I would have taken my ass to budget motel for 29.99 a day. Yeah I get the fact that I'm getting that money back, but here is how this is going to work. You mister company is going to take your company credit it card...the one that the company pays for, and you're going to pay for all two weeks of my room and then you can expense that.

Yes that was the type of conversation I was having with my Sr Manager yesterday. I about fell the hell out when he thought I was going to pay for my 2 weeks our of my own personal money. I don't have it would have cost me over 1200 bucks for two weeks at the Marriott. I'm going to need a raise if you think I can afford that.

So even though my company is crazy in the head, I will be in dallas and I will get to see a lot of friends and some new babies. So all in all it should be a good trip. Plus I get to learn a new skill and since the dude that does it now is leaving, I will be the only one in the Mid-South region doing this job -- respect me bitches!

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment