Monday, March 22, 2010

To a great family weekend

This past weekend rocked...well except for the 11 dogs that were all over the house. This past weekend was a family get together, that I think doubled as Easter weekend. I'm not 100% sure, might need to check on that when I can. The entire family, all made the familiar trek to Teague. As I walked in the back door, the smell of gumbo slammed into my face. I knew the night/weekend was going to be awesome. The only downer was that it rained Saturday and turned nut clinching cold. Did we let that stop us...NOOOOOO. Saturday I rolled out of bed, after staying up til 4 in the morning hanging with my family, to the smell of a HUGE breakfast. We had sausage balls, bacon, two breakfast casseroles, and scrabbled eggs if you wanted them. I like getting up early when I'm in Teague, the breakfast is always hot and I get as much of it as I want without sharing. We waited and watched the rain and the temp. drop. Finally around 37 degrees and no more rain, we were able to venture out to the pasture for some muddin' and gun shooting. It wouldn't have been that bad, but the 15-25 mile per hour wind was killer. It was seriously colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra. We ended up staying out there for a few hours before the elements won and we just had to go inside. Once cleaned up and warm can the crawfish/shimp boil. We ate until we couldn't move, then managed to eat some more. However the food babies we were caring around wouldn't allow another late night. EVERYONE passed out early Saturday night. Sunday yielded the usual light breakfast of pancakes and bacon. Everyone laid around enjoying the company for a few more minutes. Then it was back home to Houston and now it's M0nday morning. Another good family weekend. They seem to be getting better and better.

1 comment:

  1. Well there goes the last 4 weeks of working out. P90 wasn't prepared for the savages.

    ReplyDelete