Friday, March 19, 2010

Green beer, green beer.

One of my favorite time of the year rolled around this past wednesday, that would be St. Patty's day. It's that one time of year that it's ok to be publicly drunk by noon. It's that time of year that the beer has a slight after taste from the green dye. Well this year I was challenged for drinking for three pregnant girls and myself. I KNOW!!!! Now let me tell you about these three girls, they can drink like a fish so this is a HUGE undertaking that I have before me. So we get to the bar and I have to start hitting it hard. I'm double fisting, not really but kind of feel like it. The first one goes down smooth, the second through the fifth does the same. Then I realize that it's only been like an hour and realize that if I'm going to make it to the night time, I need to start pacing myself. So how do I do that, yeah by getting another beer. Mind you all, we're standing this whole time because there wasn't a sit down table open. Normally, I'm good with standing and can handle it, but standing still is a different thing. So the day continues and so does my consumption of beer. I lost count after 8. Then are friends started showing up and then party kind of picked up. Not as much fun as Dallas, but I think that's because there is a parade involved. That and my Dallas gang can really drink. I'm not sure what the beer count is now, but I know we're talking about going to get something to eat. Freebirds...oh hell yeah, I'm up for the bird. Now I have a challenge for all of you, get drunk, get the hick ups, and try walking down the street...it was fun and painful!!!

So all in all I would give this St. Patty's day a 7. Solid, good friends, and a fun time. Plus no hangover the next day...OOOHHHH YEEEEAAAH!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so bummed I couldn't celebrate with you this year. I know you did me proud tho and we'll have to really bring it next year!

    ReplyDelete