Thursday, October 1, 2009

Oct 1

Today marks the start of the greatest time in anyone's life...THE HOLIDAY SEASON. I'm not sure if today is the offical kick off day for the holidays but I like to think it is. Today I downloaded some Happy Halloween wallpapers for my computer at work. I will change them out once a week. Then I will find something for Thanksgiving and then for Christmas. It helps set the tone for the season.
October, I like to think this is scary month. It's when all the great shows like Charlie Brown and the Pumkin patch and Hocus Pocus come on. It's also the time when it's OK for grown ass people to stop and watch a halloween special on Disney. There are some good one, I suggest watching them. There is also a new show coming about with the cast and crew of Monster vs. Alian Pumkins. It should be an instant classic!!! Plus there are the old 80's slasher flicks that come on. You know the movies that scared the hell out of you when you were 8 but now you just laugh at it thinking "what the hell was I scared of". Then it gets to that ONE spot and you still jump and feel like a dumbass because you knew it was coming. Ah the good times. My favorite is Nightmare on Elm Street. My mom and I LOVE some Freddy. In fact, one of the greatest times I ever had with my mom was the day we watched all the Nightmare movies. Then she would rake her hand down the wall acting like she was Freddy. That will be a memory I charis for the rest of my life. It was so great, in fact for Christmas or her birthday one year I bought her the entire movie set. So thanks mom, I know you read this from time to time, for that wonderful day.
Focusing back on the great shows that come on, sadie said that I have a hard time focusing on stuff. There are those good stories that really do scare the hell out of you. Like the one about the little girl that can see dead people. It's on every year on the discovery channel, and all the other channels that have the real ghost storys of Atlanta.
The point being is, Halloween is one of the greatest times of the year. It's time to get scared, eat some candy, dress up and have a great time.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I love Halloween! Especially all the candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I said "Focus Matt" Referring to Jack getting the most box tops and NOT the fact that you think his competition is gay and will get beaten up.
    You completely forgot about the wonderfulness that is Tim Burton. Corspe Bride, Nightmare before Christmas....Love it!

    ReplyDelete