Thursday, October 8, 2009

Evil Walgreens

I think there is about to be World War 3. Me vs Walgreen Pharmacy. Sadly though I feel like I'm already on the losing end of this battle. Yesterday my knee doc gives me a prescription for lortab, aka Vicoden. So I get home, not really thinking about anything except for the fact that I'm no longer on crutches. I'm getting ready for bed and getting my stuff ready for work and usually when I have to take meds I will get out what I need so that I don't have to take the entire bottle with me to work. Well I got to looking at my vicoden and thought that something was off. For having a qty of 40 the bottle was really empty, and by now I was only up to two. Granted this was at like 10:30 at night. So I counted and sure as sh*t, I was missing 8 pills. So that set me on fire. Ask anyone that has ever had knee problems or anyone that has known me. When my knee gets to hurting it hurts. I know people make mistakes in counting, but with how abused vicoden is, I doubt that I'm going to see my 8 little friends that are missing. However, the point of the matter is, the pharmacy at walgreens messed up. It will come out to my word against theirs. But let me tell you, if I'm not happy when this is all said and done, someone is going to have a very bad day. I fully plan on filling complaints with Walgreen's corp office, The Pharmacy Board of Texas (if that's the right place) and my insurance. The pharmacy is still going to charge my insurance 40 pills. Then again, I could be expecting the worse, and when I call them and discuss this, I get a happy ending. I need a new pharmacy. For now, I'm getting my war armor on. If the battle starts taking a turn for the worse I might have to get others involved. We're taking down the evil vicoden thief...

2 comments:

  1. I hate Walgreen's, take you business to CVS they'll even give you a $25 gift card for making the change!

    ReplyDelete